Some of the things I had planned to do, just simply didn't happen. And you know what? That's ok! What matters is that I spent time with the hubby and some family and friends throughout the weekend. I got the grocery shopping done - eventually - and the world didn't end because I didn't get those other things done. In fact, I didn't even cook until last night. Not on Friday (we had leftovers) and not on Saturday, either. It's not the norm, but it's not the end of the world, either. All I can say is that I'm blessed to have so much going on that I "stress" about how to get it all done.
But fear not, my friends, because I have an amazing recipe to share with y'all today.
Yes, it's another salmon recipe. But it's an amazing one that I couldn't put on the back-burner for a later date. Because you need to know about it. You need to make it. And eat it.
Not only is lemon and dill and super fantastic flavor combo that goes well with salmon any day, but the feta cream sauce?? Good lawd. It uses the simplest ingredients, but the flavor is outstanding. The feta really shines through, but isn't overpowering. It compliments the lemon and dill on the salmon, and of course you know we love a good sauce with...well...everything. So, yeah...J and I were big fans of this dish and it re-heated for lunch leftovers really well, too! Double win!
Lemon, dill, and garlic seasoned salmon pair perfectly with a creamy feta sauce to make the perfect weeknight dinner!
Lemon-Dill Salmon with Creamy Feta Sauce
As seen on Lean Green Nutrition Fiend
For the Salmon
- 4 6-oz salmon fillets
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 1 clove of Garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp of dill, chopped
For the Feta Yogurt Sauce
- ⅔ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ⅔ cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2-3 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 clove garlic
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking dish (I used a 9x9) and set aside.
- in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, dill, salt and pepper.
- Place salmon filets in the prepared baking dish, pour the marinade on top, covering each fillet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until salmon is fully cooked
- Meanwhile, place all of the sauce ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until well combined and smooth.
- Serve salmon with a generous helping of sauce, and enjoy!!