My best friend, Tracy, just had her first baby on March 21st and before he was born we set up a Care Calendar for her & her husband, so that friends & family nearby could sign up to take them dinner a few nights a week. I signed up for practically every Thursday, and this week I signed up to take them Chicken Spaghetti.
I have fond memories of chicken spaghetti in my childhood. Mom would make it every so often and the kids would gobble it up. Once I left the nest and actually developed a desire to start cooking, this was one of the first recipes I asked for. I still call her each time I make it, just to be sure I'm not forgetting anything, and this time was no different. I think it makes her happy; both that I am one of the few in our family who actually enjoys cooking, and that I still come to her for ideas and advice. So, this meal was made for my best friend and my boyfriend with all the love that Mom made it for us with.
*Side Note* I apologize for the poor presentation - I make these Care Calendar meals the night before as I take them to Tracy's house straight from work on Thursdays, so they go straight into Tupperware instead of onto a plate!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Spaghetti noodles
- Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 small cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Rotel
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook Spaghetti according to package directions
- Cook Chicken until no longer pink in the middle; set aside to cool
- In a large pot, combine cream of chicken, Rotel, milk, chicken broth & Velveeta
- Stir occasionally until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth
- Cut or shred chicken into-bite sized pieces
- Add chicken to sauce and stir; add salt & pepper to taste
- Serve over Spaghetti noodles
A side salad and garlic bread are nice accompaniments