HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! After the days of trick-or-treating came to an end, my enthusiasm for Halloween began to quickly dwindle. I wasn't a part of the crowd that made a big to-do and went to Halloween parties as a teen. Hell, I don't even remember a Halloween until maybe 5 years ago. I discovered these adorable little guys maybe 7 years ago, and they are what I look forward to every year. Frankestein is especially cute, don't you think??
Source: Betty Crocker
- 1 box Fudge Brownie mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup rich & creamy white frosting
- Green, red, & blue food colors
- 16 large marshmallows
- Miniature M&M's
- Black decorating gels
- 1 roll red fruit roll-ups
- Sour gummy worms
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or shortening. Make brownies as directed on box. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows, making 16 brownies.
- Divide frosting among 3 small microwavable bowls. Heat frosting as needed: microwave 1 bowl uncovered on High about 10 seconds until frosting can be stirred smooth. If frosting becomes too firm while decorating, microwave on High an additional 5 seconds; stir.
- Decorate as directed below, using 5 or 6 brownies for each bowl of frosting.
- Franken-Brownies Add 3 drops green food color to frosting in 1 bowl; mix well. Top each of 6 brownies with 1 large marshmallow. Spoon 1 tablespoon green frosting over each marshmallow to coat. Decorate with green baking bits for eyes and ears. Use black gel for mouths and centers of eyes. Cut fruit snack to use for hair.
Boo-Brownies Top each of 5 brownies with 1 large marshmallow. Spoon 1 tablespoon white frosting over each marshmallow to coat. Use black gel for eyes and mouths.
Spider Brownies Add 2 drops pink food color and 1 drop blue food color to frosting in 1 bowl; mix well. Top each of 5 brownies with 1 large marshmallow. Tuck gummy worms candies under each marshmallow for legs. Spoon 1 tablespoon purple frosting over each marshmallow to coat. Use orange baking bits for eyes. Use black gel for mouths, centers of eyes and eyebrows.