Happy Monday mornig! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and that your week has started off well. My weekend flew by and it really didn't feel like I had one at all, but I woke up this morning ready to face the week with drive and determination. I recently decided that I needed to incorporate more salads into my diet, and this berry-centric salad was a slam-dunk for me. Not only do I love fruit, and fruit in salads, but the dressing was out of this world amazing! I enjoyed every single bite, and was grateful that I only made one serving, or I would have eaten it all and defeated the purpose of eating a healthy salad! This is a wonderfully refreshing salad for the warm days of Spring and Summer, and you don't want to miss the opportunity to try it.
Berry & Kiwi Salad with Sweet Balsamic Dressing
Adapted from: Pampered Chef - Spin on Salads
- 2 cups Spring salad mix
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 kiwi, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Prepare dressing by whisking together the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until mixture is reduced by half.
- Slowly whisk in cream. Cook without stirring for 2 minutes. Removed from the heat and cool. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Assemble the salad by place spring mix in bowls, topped with strawberries, blackberries, and kiwi. Drizzle with dressing and serve.