Hello Wednesday, so glad to see you! This week has been a long one already, but I'm happy to report that sweet little Bubba is doing fabulous. It took almost a full day for the anesthesia to fully wear off, but he's back to his playful self and I couldn't be happier. He's even taking his meds and eyedrops like a champ! He also thought he would tempt fate and try to eat mama's mint M&M's before I got home from work yesterday...he's lucky that I love him. And that he didn't seem to like them.
This dish, on the other hand, wouldn't have stood a chance if he could have gotten his chompers into it. And believe me, he tries to use those sweet little eyes and constant stare to coax bites out of me. I rarely cave. And this one was of those meals I wasn't willing to share. I knew as soon as I saw it on Pinterest that it was a dish for me. I love spices, probably a little too much, and I love honey - especially with chicken! This recipe was my first introduction to the Nutmeg Nanny blog, and I'm so glad I did! What a wonderful addition to my recipe arsenal, and my mouth! I had to force myself to save the leftovers for lunch the next day and it was just a delicous reheated. For a great sweet 'n' spicy dish, give this one a try!
Honey Spiced Glazed Chicken
Source: Nutmeg Nanny
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat broiler and line a baking sheet with foil. (If you don't have a broiler, preheat oven to 400 degrees.)
- In a small bowl, mix spices together and set aside. In another bowl, mix honey and cider vinegar and set aside.
- Spread the chicken thighs so they lay flat. Cover both sides in seasoning and lay flat on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on one side and flip. Cook for a 5-7 minutes on other side. Flip again and then baste the chicken in honey mixture, making sure to coat very well. Place back under broiler for a few minutes until the honey starts to thicken up and glaze (15 minutes if cooking in oven).
- Allow chicken to cool a few minutes before serving, and enjoy!!