There are few things better than chicken tenders, in my opinion, and when I ran across this recipe for a Weight Watchers version of honey mustard chicken, I was overjoyed! I love chicken tenders. And usually, I like dipping my chicken in honey, or honey mustard, so the fact that these were dipped in honey mustard before they were baked makes them all the more appealing. I have a box of corn flakes sitting in my pantry from a previous recipe I made, so I was glad to have another use for them. Crispy, healthier chicken tenders with a tangy sauce...yes, please and thank you!
Crispy Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders
Source: Weight Watchers
- Cooking Spray
- 2/3 cup Light Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 scallion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cup cornflakes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken (breasts or tenders)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and top with a baking rack. Spray the rack with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- In a small bowl, combine honey mustard dressing, salt, pepper, dill and scallions. Reserve 1/3 cup in a separate bowl for dipping.
- Place cornflakes in a plastic bag and pound or or crush with your hands to create the crumbs.
- Dip the chicken pieces into dressing mixture and then into the cornflake crumbs. Place each of the pieces onto the prepared rack and bake for approximately 15 minutes, until lightly browned and no longer pink in the center.
- Use reserved dressing mixture to dip the chicken in, or to drizzle on top of the chicken.