Chicken Empanadas with Avocado Sauce
Source: So Tasty, So Yummy
- 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken
- ½ cup tomatillo salsa
- ½ cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 small avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cooled chicken, tomatillo salsa, and cheese.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each puff pastry sheet and use a six-inch cookie or biscuit cutter to make 10 circles for each sheet (20 circles total).
- Spoon ¼ cup of the chicken mixture onto 10 of the circles, then top with the remaining circles, crimping the edges together to seal.
- Place the empanadas on the prepared baking sheet and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the avocado sauce by combining the avocado (cut into quarters or eights first), lime juice, vinegar, water, and salt in a food processor. Process until smooth and then, while the processor is still running, slowly add the olive oil through the top until incorporated.
- Serve the sauce with the empanadas while still warm.