I think the thermometer may have tipped 100 degrees yesterday in Central Texas, and while a nice frosty adult beverage is always nice to cool off with, not everyone loves to indulge quite so much. I'm not sure who these people are, but I'm quite sure they're out there. My pregnant friends, for example. So, I wanted to experiment with some non-alcoholic drinks to share for the summer heat.
Most smoothie recipes that I've come across involve a banana, but I don't really like bananas. I know, I know. So, I decided to make one with no banana, and see if I could get the same good texture. I think I did pretty stinkin' good...it was berrylicious, thick, and creamy. Perfect smoothie texture!
A Sweet Beginnings' Original
Makes 2 (6 oz) servings
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberry greek yogurt
- 1/2-3/4 cup orange juice
- Put berries and 1/2 cup orange juice in a blender and mix utnil smooth.
- Add yogurt and additional orange juice, if needed, and blend until smooth.
- Divide into two 6 oz glasses and enjoy!