That's right, it's time again for the Recipe Swap, hosted by Sarah from A Taste of Home Cooking. The theme for this round was Celebrity Recipes and I received this recipe for Baked Lemon Pasta, a Pioneer Woman recipe, from Lindsay of Life and Kitchen and for those of you who have been reading for awhile, you know how much I love lemon! And I am a sucker for a lemon sauce on pasta, so this was right up my alley. And while it was hard to wait during the baking time, it was totally worth the wait. Pasta smothered in a creamy lemon sauce and topped with cheese and parsley...yep, yep...deliciousness.
You need to try this. ASAP.
Baked Lemon Pasta
As seen on Life and Kitchen, via The Pioneer Woman Cooks
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 cups sour cream
- ½ tsp salt, or more to taste
- plenty of grated parmesan cheese
- flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti to al dente, according to package instructions.
- When the pasta is almost done, heat a skillet over low heat and melt the btuter with the olive oil. Once the butter has melted, add the garlic and the lemon juice to the pan and remove from heat.
- Add the sour cream and stir until well combined, then add the lemon zest and salt, to taste.
- Combine the drained spaghetti with the butter mixture and pour into an oven safe casserole dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and squeeze a little more lemon juice on top, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley.