Nichole created this recipe after a few trial runs, where she perfected the flavors and won the praises of many family and friends. I'm thankful that she overcame her fear of others claiming it as their own and shared it on her blog! It definitely is a rave-worthy dip that everyone should try! And, be sure to check out all the other great recipes from the swap, below!
Nichole's Famous Crab Dip
Source: Cookaholic Wife
- 1 lb crab meat
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 12 oz reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp prepared yellow mustard
- pinch of black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 Tbsp Old Bay, divided
- crackers, pitas, bread or veggies, for dipping
- Preheat an oven to 375. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season crab mean with 1 tablespoon of Old Bay and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion, sour cream, mayo, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic, mustard, black pepper and the remaining Old Bay. Mix well, then add in 2 cups of the shredded cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Gently fold in the crab meat.
- Spread a layer of the crab dip into the prepared baking dish, top with 1/3 cup of cheddar cheese. Repeat for 2 more layers, ending with cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot with your desired dipper.